I find it extremely troubling that many Africans on the continent and people of African descent in the diaspora chant, “Obama is our African brother” or “Obama, I got your back”! I can’t help but to wonder whether Africans/ black people: are blinded by the fact that he is “black”, are not paying attention to the president’s foreign politices and, are desperate to identify with a hero.During Obama’s inauguration in 2008,many Africans were thrilled by the fact that a biracial man with African blood is holding the highest leadership position in a country that constantly exploits and bullies them. Africans hoped and prayed that he would use his office to introduce and implement foreign politices that could benefit them on a larger scale.
On the contrary the last four years of the Obama administration was far from “enjoyment”.
1. On his first official visit to the African continent, he blasted African leaders,blaming them for the woes of the continent. Yes, he was partly right but he blatantly ignored the role United States of America and its allies constantly play in under-developing Africa. For example America played a leading role in killing our self-less and revolutionary leaders such as Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso, Patrice Lumumba of Congo and Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi of Libya etc and support dictators: Yoweri Kaguta Museveni of Ugandan, Paul Kagame of Rwanda, Alassane Ouattara of Ivory Coast etc that work for America’s interests. Everytime Africans try to assert their autonomy, they are undermined by America or other Western powers.
Ghanaian women welcome President Obama
2. Obama uses his black skin and the gullibility of many African people as opportunity to promote American imperialism and recolonization of Africa through the United States Africa Command ( Africom/ USAAfricom).He has deplored to occupy the continent. Any sensible and progressive leader would object to this project. Unfortunately some African leaders like the American ally, the so called first female President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia welcomed this recolonization even though many Liberians and African leaders are strongly against it.
3. War, War, and more War! The Obama administration has imposed it’s “war on terror” on African countries such as Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, Mali, Ivory, Libya and Nigeria.
4. Forcing Africans to accept Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) seeds and food,instead of supporting and encouraging African leaders to subsidized their local farmers to grow larger quantity of local organic crops that are much more healthier for the people.
Impact of GMO in human beings: extreme fatness ( obesity), heart disease, cancer etc. Below is a picture of rats that were fed GMO food…
Top GMO foods
1. “African voices on AFRICOM” ….u-s-militarism-in-africa-humanitarian-missions-or-imperialist-aggression 47047
2. President Obama in Ghana, read and listen to his speech here…A-New-Moment-of-Promise-in-Africa
3.”U.S. Militarism In Africa: Humanitarian Missions Or Imperialist Aggression?”….5303230
4.”African Perspectives on Genetically Modified Crops Assessing the Debate in Zambia, Kenya, and South Africa” …100701_Cooke_AfricaGMOs_WEB.pdf
5. “Horrific Results of New GMO Food Study Reveal Obama Has Abandoned FDA Regulation to Chemical Industry Profits, Says Occupy Monsanto”…horrific-results-of-new-gmo-food-study-reveal-obama-has-abandoned-fda-regulation-to-chemical-industry-profits-says-occupy-monsanto-170364666.html
6.”Obama opens door to Africa for Monsanto”…036008_Obama_Monsanto_Africa.html
7. Website of Africom…www.africom.mil
8. “New Research: GMO Food Far Worse Than We Think” new-research-gmo-food-far-worse-than-we.html
9. “Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields” hungary-destroys-all-monsanto-gmo-corn-fields.aspx?np=true
10. “AFRICOM News – US Joins Coalition Operations in Libya”….watch?v=h3kKP9k8dO8
11. “Cynthia McKinney – Oppose Africom”…watch?v=sDGOMY4gNVQ&feature=related
12 What is Africom?…..watch?v=JRCZk8mM1EU&feature=related
14. ” [Kenyan ]Cabinet Wants GMO’s Foods Banned”….5515-cabinet-wants-gmos-foods-banned
14.”Revealed: Monsanto GM corn caused tumors in rats” monsanto-rats-tumor-france-531
15. “America’s Secret War in Africa: Spreading drone warfare throughout Africa” ….5307958
16. “Does Rejecting Obama mean supporting Romney?” by Dr. Kwame Zulu Shabazz…..imperfect-black.blogspot.com
17. Read this classic book by Chinweizu titled, “The West and the Rest of Us”